Monday, January 17, 2005

On The Car Stereo Installation

Yes!!...I LOVE new gadgets. They are the greatest. This stereo thing has been a long time coming. I have gotten so used to my factory installed radio that I prolly wont even kno what to do with myself once this is all said and done. I have purchased or acquired several items that will be used to build my new mobile sound system. First I have the JVC Arsenal KD-AR5000 CD/MP3/WMA receiver. The main thing that sold me was the touch screen interface that can show uploaded images and short "movies". Next are Kenwood KFC-C6889ie threeway speakers. Then I got my amplifier for my birthday, and I'm using a subwoofer and box that Chris no longer needs. I have also had to purchase a few miscellaneous items like a wooden board, screws, angle brackets for mounting my amplifier in my trunk
Finally I actually have all the stuff on hand but the next task is actually installing it. This will be most challenging seeing as tho I'm not at all handy with any type of tools nor do I kno anything about running wires. You'd think, being a computer engineer, installing stereo equipment would be right up my alley. Not quite. So I've been trying to follow the step by step instructions provided by Crutchfield with massive amounts of help from Chris. (Step by Step my ass) Also what doesnt help my effort is that it's cold as the f*** outside so me staying out there too long is not fun. Needless to say not too much progress has been made. But...this experience is supposed to make me appreciate my system while also allowing me to make repairs myself rather than paying best buy.(Please believe I need to be all about saving money, even tho I just bought all that stereo equipment)
Minimal progress has been made thus far but I plan to finish this process pretty soon. Anyway hopefully I dont blow up my car.(the grandparents wouldnt at all be happy about that)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home