Monday, January 17, 2005

On TV today

Even tho I dont get to watch TV as much as I once used to I still enjoy a program here or there. Here and there is starting to be more often now that I only have two jobs and since I'm not in school right now. But it is my opinion that TV has become a shell of it's former glory and I have several complaints...
1. The Reality shows have GOT to stop. I mean they have me watchin anything from two families switching moms("Switching Spouses") to a spoof on American Idol where they pick the worst singer but tell the contestants the whole time that they are the best singer("American Superstar"). I mean they are making people eat disgusting stuff like blended magots and dead flies to win $50,000("Fear Factor") and jumping off cliffs to become top executives at Fortune 500 companies("The Rebel Billionaire"). They even have shows that place washed up actors/actresses, singers, and just other generally famous people in a house and harass them with random stuff to do("Surreal Life") to shows where only past members of certain shows can participate and try to survive not being voted off to win fabulous prizes("Real World Road Rules Challenge")....wtf
2. What is going on with the game shows of today. Not only have I seen them remake gameshows of yesterday that should have been allowed to die gracefully but, I see them trying to create new shows where you are distracted from answering a series of questions("Distraction") or where you are allowed to call a friend or a family member to help you out if a question stumps you. ("Who wants to be a Millionaire")
3. I'm not sure if it's just me but the educational programs made for kids these days suck what the hell is Bananas in Pajamas or Teletubbies that play the exact same movie clip several times.
We need to go back to the time where great sitcoms dominated. I'm talking about Seinfeld...The Simpsons...The Cosby Show...The TGIF shows. Where Cartoons were real cartoons...The Disney Afternoon(Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers)...X-Men...Voltron...Transformers...GI Joe...Looney Toons...Dino the last Dinosaur...Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The classic gameshows...The Price is Right...Jeopardy...Wheel of Fortune...Double Dare...Family Fued...Concentration. And kids shows that didnt make me sick...Sesame Street...The Elephant Show...Mr. Wizard. And lest we forget...Are you Afraid of the Dark...In Living Color...U can't Do that On television. I mean where did they all go. Actually Looking back on this slightly dated list I realize that I'm just old and need to get with the times. I still miss my shows tho!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you stole the words right out of my mouth, I'vebeen fed up with t.v. for minute now. And i thought I was the only one who loved Disney Afternoon sooo much! "We're the Goof troop and we'll always stick together, we're the Goof troop best of friends forever"

I think i'm getting old too, but I'd rather be getting old and have watched what I watched growing up, than young and watching the crappy reality t.v. and quality lacking isht kida have to watch now. They got rid of Sesame street, i mean wtf?!
Anyways miss ya, glad to see the blog thingy! I'm not so good with mine as I should, but I'm working on it. Take care babe!
~you taped me into my room (there that's not totally anon)

Tuesday, February 1, 2005 at 6:42:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home