Thursday, January 27, 2005

On Car Trouble

Yes I have finally completed my car sound system installation!! So I decided I was gonna test out my new system by going on a ride with one of my friends. Just as I decided to turn around and come home my car decides that it no longer feels the need to respond to my accelerator. I pull over to the side of the road and immediately assume that my system has sucked all the power outta my battery. So I call one of my friends to get a jump, problem solved right. Not so. The car still wont start so I call triple A to come and tow my car. I proceed to wait...Three triple A reps, a supervisor, and a little over 3 hours lata the tow truck arrives and tows my car to the shop. When the mechanic calls me about my car the next day he is talkin about timing belt failure and that at minimum it will cost me $700 for the repair, provided that no internal engine damage has been done. However that wont be determined until after the timing belt is in place. So essentially I have to pay $700 to see if my car has any more damage. I am "eagerly" awaiting the phone call from my mechanic right now...
While I'm waiting it has given me time to contemplate.
I recieved my car about a little bit over a year ago to replace my Gold 1989 Toyota Cressida Stationwagon. Now I kno what you may be thinking but I loved that car. It was fast(V6), roomy, and comfortable not to say I didnt hate it when I originally saw it.(I mean who wants to drive a stationwagon, right? and I never really got used to the color) I never had a problem fitting anything in it, the seats were soft and comfy, and damn if that car couldnt get up.
When I originally saw my new car I was thrilled it wasnt a stationwagon but not so happy with the color. It's a four cylinder car so it has minimal pickup. And it looks kinda like a car I would drive 3 kids around in. So it had dissappointed me slightly since I wanted to to pimp out my first car after the stationwagon. But now I dont really have much to work with. So my initial reaction was one of appreciation but slight dissappointment.
However looking back on my ungreatful ass, cuz I hadnt paid for either vehicle, and also on my current careless state I realize that I love my car and that I need to put a little more into and make it my car rather than just like all the other ford contours out there. The stereo was the first step...next will be regular washings...maintence schedules(rather than just relying on the grandfather)...keyless entry...maybe a car alarm...Hell, I might even throw some tint on the windows. Hopefully I will bring the contour up to the same status of "likeability" as the stationwagon held(may the Gold Bullet rest in peace)
I know I might be going overboard but it's all I got till I purchase the good BMW or whateva other car I set my sights on when the Contour decides to desert me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home