Thursday, July 14, 2005

On the Wine Tasting

The new sophisticated event is to drink wine instead of just hard liquor or beer. It just says something to be able to tell someone about the robustness, aroma, color, and taste of a bottle of wine before you pop the cork.
I'm really interested in going to a wine tasting festival where I can get a better feel for different types and brands. So far I've tried Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Shiraz, and White Zinfindel. The order of preference from the above list is White Zinfindel, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and Shiraz. I'm sure the list could change since we are sampling cheap wine just to get used to it.
This new endeavor will help me out when I start bartending since I know very little about wine right now and I'm sure bartenders need to know about wines fine and otherwise.

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Manny said...

here's 2 cents...

met a friend... or get a friend to work at a liquor store... not a scuzzy one... but one where sophisticated people go to get their spirits...

These guys know their stuff, b/c they are required to... especially if they are college aged peeps...

I learned a lot from a friend who had a job at a local store, and he taught me tons about different wines and he'd bring different one's home at his cheap reduced rate price...

one things for certain... wine is seasonal... so the really cool types of wine that you can find, aren't aways appropriate to drink at certain times of the year... I'd never crack open a bottle of Chianti Reserve during the mid summer here, because its too damned hot. But I don't drink Riesling during the wintertime.

One thing to be sure of... don't fear wine snobs... just dive into the whole thing... wine snobs need people to join their ranks and they all didn't know dick about wine when they started.

Enjoy...

Friday, July 15, 2005 at 1:00:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home